Access your hydrants quicker in the time of need with the Kochek hydrant converter. Storz Hydrant Converters are the best way to outfit a city fire hydrant. This improves the fire department in assisting them to connect up to a water source faster. Usually the standard method can take up to over (1) one min long to connect to a fire hydrant. With the Kochek Hydrant converter you can do it in just a few seconds. Now you are improving the time it takes to arrive on scene and hook up to a hydrant. Thus improving your response time in saving life and property.
Not only does it help with improving the response time but, it can also help in your certification or re-certification of the city, town or villages ISO ratings which contributes to the community in savings with their home insurance premiums. This item is the same as the permanent hydrant storz adapters.
These qualify for FEMA grants. Work on your project today by reaching out to Municipal Depot for more information.
Kochek Hydrant Converters are made of:
Aluminum Alloy 6061-T6 extruded forging only.
- (2) Stainless steel set screws for mounting.
- Set screws must be mounted 180 degrees apart.
- The converter is hard anodized aluminum metal face seal and hard anodized aluminum Storz ramp and lugs.
- The NH thread female adapter contains a flat rubber gasket which seals against the male hydrant nozzle.
- The high torque, anti theft cap requires a Storz wrench for removal.
- Hardcoat Anodized to Mil-A-8625F, type 3 – dark grey
Kochek storz adapters quality exceeds the NFPA 1963 Standards and Tolerances for Fire Hose Connections. This item is the same as the permanent hydrant storz adapters.
Storz Documents: Storz Hydrant Converters Hardcoat.pdf
Storz Document: Storz Hydrant Converters Installation and Connection.pdf